From: robin pinning [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 11 March 2003 15:27
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) MM Bootlegs

> >i guess the question then is how much would you make on, say,  2000
> bootlegged copies of this type?
>
> Well, this is it. Not a great deal. Around £500 ish? (depending on
> what distributors would pay you for the record) Surely there's easier
> ways of making a hooky monkey?

that little? ok a little hard to see the motivation then really

> Yes, he asks for it I reckon and shouldn't be surprised. He has a rep.
> for being a bit greedy (I don't know whether this is true or not -
> just what everyone tells me) which is of course very relative, as he's
> just grabbing what he can to pay the bills no doubt. so is that greed,
> or just trying to pay the rent without doing a menial job like
> everyone else has to....?

it's a line drawing thing then isn't it, as you say we do these jobs cos we
think the money is enough to cover what we think we're worth (well
kinda)

kenny dixon jnr obviously thinks he's worth the money that his 12s go for
and does the one sided/limited thing cos he deserves the money for the job
he does.

in this instance i'd probably agree with him. (in fact in his situation i'd
be tempted to do the same)

robin...