If the records were easier to get hold of then there would be no point in
buying the bootleg.  However, it's put out in very limited numbers and is
highly sort after and thus the value of the records reach a premium.  Great
for collectors, and the annoying gits that buy up shops full of stock so
they can sell it on at a profit later, but not so good the people who live
for the music and just want to have the records.

I have some bootlegs and I don't feel guilty about it, because I would have
bought the original if I could get hold of it at a proper price and would
even probably still buy the original if it became available.  Another way of
looking at it is that the bootlegs are doing people a service by making the
tracks available to more people, especially if they're not making much money
doing it.