> I've said it before and I'll say it again -- Stewart Walker has gone
further
> towards perfecting the performance of techno live than anyone else I've
ever
> seen.  So much so that he really sounds like a different artist than the
> one that makes his records -- he wants to engage a dance audience fully
when
> he's in front of them, and his records are smoother, more reflective.

I fully agree with you Kent.
I saw him recently play and while i was expecting to hear more or less the
same vibe one finds on his recordings, his live set is a totally different
experience. He really does engage the audience like you said, creating fully
danceable nonstop techno without ever going into loopbanger territory.
His live sets seem almost like a dj set in that there are no pauses as ive
found in most other live sets ive heard. They are seamless and flowing. He's
also fun to watch as he dances in front of his gear.
In bologna he was using a drum machine, a sequencer and a sampler. it was an
incredible show.

on and aside note:
can anyone reccomend any sets from fred giannelli and bill van loo?

fab