also look into McCoy Tyner - pianist with Coltrance
I've got "Extensions" by Tyner which has a great line-up of Alice Coltrane
on harp (wife of John), Elvin Jones on drums, Wayne Shorter and Gary Bartz
on sax, and Ron Carter on bass .

however, if you want to hear one, if not the greatest trumpet player look
for Clifford Brown - if he had lived longer he might very well have
eclipsed Miles Davis.

MEK

                      "Thomas D. Cox,

                      Jr."                     To:       <313@hyperreal.org>

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:

                      h.com>                   Subject:  RE: (313) Herbie H

                      07/07/03 10:26 AM

                      Please respond to

                      death

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>I dunno, I know nothing about jazz. I have a few Miles Davis LPs,
some
>Pharoh Sanders stuff and that, but I've never been able to find
much more
>stuff that I'm really enthusistic about (mainly because I don't
even know
>what to look for).

if you like sanders, you should definitely get coltrane's "a love
supreme" and "meditations" both of which feature pharoh heavily
and are awesome records.

tom

andythepooh.com