On the contemporary jazz tip (sort of) I can highly recommend the new HiM album on Fatcat:

http://www.fat-cat.co.uk/?id=14&section=2

It's absolutley gorgeous.

Dan.

At 06:40 pm +0100 7/7/03, Jonny McIntosh wrote:
 >  i like this album a lot...

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=CASS80307071313&sql=An7jqeat24x
 a7  shake, i'll hit you up soon! okaybyebye>>>

I was going to ask if anyone had any strong recommendations on jazz from
after the 70s. Andrew Hill's album from 2002, "Dusk", is a firm favourite of
mine - I'm listening to it for about the 200th time as I type. It isn't
Marsalis style classic jazz, it isn't noisy art made for Wire readers, it's
just ace. Much like Joe Henderson (yes OK, Jurren so what? ;) Andrew Hill
just focused on his own musical personality, without caring much for
fashion. That's a good signal that Here-lies-great-music if you ask me.
Anyone else got some hot late jazz tips?

Dusk:
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=CASS70305161434&sql=Aexg9keztaq7q