Has anybody else got a copy of 'Essence Of A Dream' by Risque III (K
Alexi etc.) on Stride Records out of Chicago?  I think is by far one of
K Alexi's best tracks...  way ahead of it's time.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 24 July 2003 11:39
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) 29 Detroit 12"s

>never seen KA Shelby's version.....I thought the version on Automan
(2?)
was
>Hardy's re-edit.......

A mate of mine is a journalist and he was interviewing an old chicago
head.
Apparently the automan is k-alexi's edit, but it was also available on a
12" with something else on. (Which is presumably what they bootlegged it
from?) Apparently K-Alexi did the edit in the way he used to remember
Ron
Hardy doing it - I think Ron H's edit was a reel only thing. Oh, man, I
wonder who has all those old reels - they'll be sat in someones loft
somewhere!

> there's Theo's edit.....and Farley usde to play a
>nice edit too..........then there's a house remix by Diesel #1 and Mark
>Imperial samples it heavily on one of his Laurent X releases from about
>88......

I've not heard any of these! How's the theo one - is that the 'mustang'
thing? I never managed to get one of them.. Has anyone got an mp3 of it?

>then of course the original version on the Unidisc LP which is a
>much more full bodied disco release where the break sampled by eveyrone
else
>only really lasts for about 4 bars.......

I have this one : )

behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers.

telecommunications systems. By replying to this e-mail you
give your consent to such monitoring