From: "Phonopsia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>frankly, I rarely use the gains once I get the levels set in cue,
other than
>the minor adjustment I may need to make to correct my assumption
of where it
>should be. If I do need to use them, I don't find it's hard to
adjust them
>back there.

i havent played on one of these mixers to the best of my
knowledge, but i did play on one of the allen and heaths at this
one spot in baltimore, and i found something about to be
counterintuitive. and for gains, you should try playing more old
records from back in the day. the difference in pressing levels is
huge, i tweak gains almost every mix. i like things to be simple
on a mixer. ive always hated vestax because they put the pan knob
where the treble should be. argh.

tom

andythepooh.com