----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Phonopsia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2003 8:41 PM
Subject: Re: Re: (313) richie hawtin in wired magazine

> On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 20:02:00 -0000, "Phonopsia"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote :
>
> > Scotto - I dunno why you had so much trouble jackin' about with it.
> I think
> > it works great, and you should see Ryan Blackman give that muv a
> workout!
> > Certainly doesn't inhibit him any.
> >
> well i'm used to a very simple mixer, i own a stanton sk-2f.
> 2 channel, 3 band 3 eq, adjustable volume curve, adjustable cross
> fader curve, kill switches. a scratch mixer, even though i dont scratch.
> so when i jump on the beast and have no monitors, playing in a
> concrete box and have never used the mixer before. yea it was hell.

I hear ya. It can be really confounding. Like when I played on Guy's mixer @
Bootytronics and the crossfader was so loose it would slide all the way
across the mixer if you breathed too heavy (literally) - and we couldn't
figure out how to turn it off. ;)

> like how the curves are set, how the eq's cut (A&H has
> great eq's), how much the trim boosts, etc.

Gotcha. The A&H 32 actually has a crossfader curve knob on the front panel,
along with an on/off button and a reverse button. Very adjustable to your
preference - just takes some getting used to - as you say.