>> Let's be frank: the truth is that sexism is not deemed as offensive
>> cuturally as racism, accuse a racist of racism and he will get defensive,
>> accuse a male of sexism and it's laughed off. I always wondered about that.
>
> Let me get this straight---are you equating all males to sexists?  That's
> outright prejudice.

No, of course not. That's not what I said.
I actually prefer - and really love - male company. Maybe I should have put
a 'sexist male'.

>> I guess it's ironic Andrew - a male - picked this up. ;)
>
> I see the sarcasm in the statement, but please try to see how offensive
> these comments could be to some of us.

It was playful! Hence the ;) I thought it was funny that a male had more of
a problem with the lyrics than say me a female.

I'm sorry if I insulted any males but, let's be fair, that's probably
indicative of what I'm saying.
Women are not actually allowed to talk about sexism without bing silenced.
I personally do not mind so much, and that's selffish on my part to other
women. I feel I've established myself, and most of my most valued friends
and colleagues are males, and we deal on equal terms, though not without
working extremely hard work on my part. But on a wider level women are still
very much disadvantaged in every area. Their primary function is still as
sex objects and reproductive vessels. I became one of the boys, so it's all
good to me. That's the trick I found!