[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
and allow big variety in the music being played.

I think this might be one of the most important points of it all.
I think in general, certainly in the UK, theres a huge downturn in people
being interested enough to go out to clubs. (obviously not all, some clubs
are flourishing) and I think that maybe hearing a greater variety of music
is one of the things drawing people back to places. people are bored of all
the micro-genres, and having to go to different places to hear one
particular strain of music.

exactly...

and, it's hard enough to just program a variety of music into a dj set -
let alone actually trying to mix the things together.

so maybe digital dj'ing allows someone to think more about programming than
actual mixing (as it's virtually 'automatic') and I think that has to be a
good thing. I think?

yeah the actual beatmatching is just the mechanical part of djing, the actual creative part is what goes with what and how does that effect the listener/floor/whatever...y'know the important stuff

don't get me wrong tho i love vinyl and playing it on truntables etc but if you're not open to new stuff then that's not a good situation.

robin...