me tto and I am reallyt into the James Ruskin album..

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Odeluga, Ken [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Mon 09/02/2004 14:40
        To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; 313@hyperreal.org
        Subject: RE: (313) techno LP's

        >I always have this argument with my mate about techno lps.
        >
        >He says that techno LP's are in general something you never sit down
and
        >listen to all the way through, therefore rendering them useless as
LP's -
        >they may as well be 12"s. And his argument is that compilations are far
        >more suited to the genre.
        >
        >I half agree. I virtually never listen to a techno LP all the way
through -
        >however, without the techno LP, we'd have missed out on alot of good
        >tracks........
        >alot of the time I buy a techno LP, it's for one track or two I
suppose.

        >so - what's the best techno LP you have? (as a full listening
experience)

        >No compilations allowed. Just seeing if I missed any that are worth
picking
        >up.

        I must be wierd, probably borderline autistic as I listen to all LPs
all the
        way through at least once - including Tresor compilations!

        I know I'm always banging on about Drexciya but for a "full listening
        experience" you can't beat many of those LPs - ihmo. Best example -
        'Neptune's Lair' - the cd version.

        Ken