["Thomas D. Cox, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>]
> anyway, i wonder why your name didnt pop up when they were getting
> their finances together this year since you seem to think its so easy.

OK, I totally don't understand this reasoning.  So from now on I can't
complain about a record unless I offer to do a remix for them or
something?  I thought I was allowed to state my opinion-- maybe I'm
wrong.

I like how defensive you guys all got about this.  I made a simple
statement that they somehow managed to drop attendance from 1M to 600K
and I think it was for good reason.  They've lost all the excitement of
the lineup and managed to take it from one of the most exciting
festivals ever organized to something I only went to for one night last
year.  Carl Craig booked a diverse lineup that you couldn't see anywhere
else in the world whereas last year they must've done all the bookings
out of a Detroit white pages from 1996.

In my opinion they're booking too many acts and spending too much money
on people that I don't think will draw enough people to justify what
they're paying for them.

And anybody who says people aren't in this for "profit" is lying to
themselves.  If you're making music or doing shows for a living, you
can't afford to lose money on every gig you play or every show you book.
I know a lot of people who managed to still make a living off of music
last year.  In tight times you just have to be more careful about what
you do.

--
:: atomly ::

[ [EMAIL PROTECTED] : www.atomly.com ...
[ atomiq records : po box 805319 chicago il 60680 : 312.804.5389 ...
[ e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] for atomly info and updates ...