By most accounts, last year's lineup was the strongest since the
first DEMF.  Even accounting for some variation, I've found
the lineups to be well above my quite high tolerance level for
big public events.  I mean, I'm the kind of person who will
walk out of a movie half an hour in if it sucks.  (Better choice:
read the reviews and avoid bad movies!  But you can't let
movie reviewers run your life either :)

I guess we'll just have to disagree about last year's performers.

If this is charted as "defensive," so be it.

I am glad to see Derrick May is talking about mixing it up
again this year and bringing in more bands.  The festival
can't progress without change.

fred