[Fred Heutte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>]
> You talk about defensiveness, Atomly, but then you say things
> like this:
>
> "Carl Craig booked a diverse lineup that you couldn't see anywhere
> else in the world whereas last year they must've done all the
> bookings out of a Detroit white pages from 1996."

I don't see that's "defensive," but OK.

> As for those attendance figures, everyone knows they are eyewash.  If
> anything, the festival is too crowded at least half the time, given
> the physical limitations of Hart Plaza.  But that also keeps the
> crowds to a manageable level.

Eyewash to us, but not to the city and certainly not to sponsors.

As far as lineups are concerned, I'd certainly be much more apt to
travel to see the likes of Tikiman, Rich circa DE9, Assault, Godfather,
The Roots, Mos Def, Autechre, Stacey Pullen, Inner City, Tortoise,
Jazzanova, Nobukazu Takemura, Kooky Scientist, Prefuse 73, Kit Clayton,
Laurent Garnier, De La Soul, Mix Master Mike, Kenny Larkin, Todd Sines,
Common Factor, Tiki Man, Derrick Carter, Perspects, A Guy Called Gerald,
DBX, Cash Money and Derek Plaslaiko than what has been booked the last
few years.  Maybe it just comes down to personal preference, but I'd
honestly pay money to see any of these people and put any four of them
together and I'd travel to see it.  The same can't be said, however, for
the last few festivals.

--
:: atomly ::

[ [EMAIL PROTECTED] : www.atomly.com ...
[ atomiq records : po box 805319 chicago il 60680 : 312.804.5389 ...
[ e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] for atomly info and updates ...