From: atomly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Well, I think you're wrong, but whatever, it's not worth arguing
about.
>Nothing on this list is worth arguing about, because every time I
try I
>get a bunch of responses from people saying the same thing over
and over
>because they don't understand the point I'm trying to make and
then get
>a bunch of personal replies from people off list saying "I
agree."  It's
>like shouting at a wall.

your "opinion" is about doing something youve never had any
experience doing. i dont know what to say about that really. how
many free festivals have you thrown with hundreds of thousands of
attendees? sh*t, have you done ANYTHING even CLOSE to that scale
of things? the number of things that could potentially happen in
planning something like this boggles the mind. for you to sit
there and make comments about their ability to pull it off when
you couldnt even begin to do so yourself is absolutely useless. if
you were an organizer of say the love parade in berlin perhaps
your opinion would be worthwhile. in the meantime youre just a
critic mouthing off from the peanut gallery.

>I'm not trying to piss people off, I'm just stating my opinion.

clarify that: your "unqualified" opinion.

>I think
>the festivals in 2000 and 2001 were some of the best lineups ever
booked
>in North America and were diverse enough and groundbreaking
enough to
>draw in people from all over the continent and even the world.
Since
>then, though, I feel like the festival has shifted its focus from
the
>groundbreaking and forward-thinking to the nostalgiac and
established.

yeah, last year it shifted fosuc to people from detroit. what a
novel concept considering the fact that it is the detroit
electronic music festival. really, if you thought last year's
lineup of up and coming people alongside some of the most
influential cats in the business doesnt stand up to the past
lineups, i dont know what to say.

>Anyway, enough.  If you wanna go to DEMF, have fun.  I want
Furthur
>back.

rave on.

tom