Righty right, Stewart!

The only difference between Atomly and Derrick May at this point is that
he's done one festival. I'm sure he had a learning curve to overcome last
year. But to say say that Atomly doesn't have a right to his opinion
because he's never done it before is an empty argument. I too was a bit
curious as to the lack of a VARIETY of live acts last year. And before
anyone says there was this and that one playing live, yes there were a
lot. There were also several of those live acts that played several times
at different stages no less. I really applaud the fact that many of these
performers decided to play for free. But, then again, who wouldn't?!? I
think they could have easily filled the empty slots with hungry new talent
from here and elsewhere easily. There are a lot of DJs and live acts that
would have done it simply for the exposure, and many of them were here for
the festival anyway, so no travel fees to worry about.

I don't think that anyone was ever debating the fact that putting on a
festival of this magnitute is a pain in the blankety-blank, but there is
always room for progress and change for the better. If not, they should
have just stopped after the success of the first year.

Peace,
Alex

"Stewart Caig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
02/16/2004 05:17 PM

<313@hyperreal.org>
cc

Subject
Re: (313) movement 04

> i have no problem with people making valid criticism. i hate
> seeing someone who is just being ignorant trying to tear down
> something do great like he could do better. pshaw. good luck man.
> when's the yearly ATOMLY ELECTRONIC MUSIC FESTIVAL gonna start
> featuring groundbreaking performers from all over the world? ha.

<crap analogy>
Its like, I went and saw that Cold Mountain and thought it kinda sucked.
But
I couldn't begin to make a movie like it, nor can I really comprehend the
effort that must have gone into it. Does that make my opinion invalid? I
dont think so. I look at things from an end product point of view,
regardless of any other factors that went into it. If something sucks, I
call it.
</crap anlogy>