Well every time I mention a hip-hop/R&B CD here Carl Craig ends up charting
it or playing it, so... ;)
I think that 'chipmunk' thing came from RZA distorting samples, I like it,
but there's none of that on West productions like You Don't Know My Name by
A Keys (a Theo Parrish fave incidentally) or Encore by Jay-Z, etc. The album
is superb.