And that's why I'm voting for  ______________  and against Bush/Cheney/Rove

                      "Carissa

                      Tintinalli"              To:       313@hyperreal.org

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:

                      mail.com>                Subject:  Re: (313) no (ellen)
alliens in nyc

                      05/17/04 05:58 PM

My guess is that we'll start seeing even more artists getting denied entry
into the U.S. Hopefully this won't affect Movement anymore, but I wouldn't
be suprised if it did.

The INS announced a couple of months ago that it was going to get stricter
with work visas for artists and entertainers. They feel that this would be
an easier route for terrorists to enter the country, seeing as the
requirements aren't as strict as those to obtain a permanent work visa
(i.e.
needing a college degree or official certification in your field).

But even beyond those reasons, the INS has more power than many realize to
deny people, and for a variety of reasons. If Ellen Allien had even some
misdemeanor charge for jaywalking on her record, they could use that as
reason to turn her back. Actually, they don't even need a reason. They
could
have just thought "female techno dj from Germany travelling with all these
records.......hmmmm....this doesn't appeal to my conservative outlook.
DENIED!".

>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

>oooh, I wonder how much this (customs and increased "security") will
affect
>Movement this year?

Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN Premium