this sucks big time :(

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Kent williams [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Tue 18/05/2004 02:53
        To: 313 list
        Subject: Re: (313) no (ellen) alliens in nyc

        Anyone who is coming in to play without buying an artist's visa will
        potentially have a hard time.

        DJ Vadim ran it down for me -- they have to pay $1k per person for
artisitc
        work visas and jump through a bunch of hoops to get in the country
legally
        to perform.  The visa is good for a year, so he generally comes over a
couple of
        times during a year for which he's bought a visa.

        And yes everyone coming in is getting much closer scrutiny.  My brother
spent
        the night in a customs detention cell recently for having one ritalin
tablet
        in his car, and had to pay a $500 fine to get back in the country.