most of the time any of these claims about making their own instruments is bollocks/hype.

i think autechre just make stuff in software don't they?

robin...

Blackman, Ryan (UKEKT) wrote:
Autechre?

Does anyone know anyone else who does this? The only person I could

think of is Aphex.
--snip--

BTW, I also got sent an electro record by EMS (on Satamile), it said in the press release that he builds all his own synthesisers etc from the transistor up! I was quite impressed by this, but couldn't really detect any noticeable difference in the music itself.

Does anyone know anyone else who does this? The only person I could think of is Aphex.