Incidentally for the gig I just mentioned in a previous post I've purchased
a pair of those "Freefloat" things (bright orange, weirdly shaped inflatable
cushions you put your decks on) in an attempt to reduce feedback which seems
to the limiting factor with our set up at the venue we're playing.  Does
anyone know if they work for this purpose?  The makers reckon you should be
able to turn your system up 20 - 30 dB more (so I guess they must provide
20 - 30 dBrw?).
What other measures do people find effective to combat feedback (foam vs.
inner tubes vs. paving slabs vs. water vs. combinations vs. something I
haven't heard of etc.) and what does anyone know about the phenomenon?  I've
heard that Technics 1200s/1210s may be particularly susceptible to vibrating
at a frequency which I've heard quoted as both round 60Hz and 40Hz.

Francis