From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thu 17/06/2004 14:03
To: 313@Hyperreal.Org
Subject: (313) Freefloats and feedback.

        Incidentally for the gig I just mentioned in a previous post I've
purchased
        a pair of those "Freefloat" things (bright orange, weirdly shaped
inflatable
        cushions you put your decks on) in an attempt to reduce feedback which
seems
        to the limiting factor with our set up at the venue we're playing.  Does
        anyone know if they work for this purpose?  The makers reckon you
should be
        able to turn your system up 20 - 30 dB more (so I guess they must
provide
        20 - 30 dBrw?).
        What other measures do people find effective to combat feedback (foam
vs.
        inner tubes vs. paving slabs vs. water vs. combinations vs. something I
        haven't heard of etc.) and what does anyone know about the phenomenon?
I've
        heard that Technics 1200s/1210s may be particularly susceptible to
vibrating
        at a frequency which I've heard quoted as both round 60Hz and 40Hz.

        Francis