And at the same time where we praise artwork, gatefold LPs etc - we're lapping
up faceless mp3 files.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Odeluga [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 05 July 2004 14:56
To: placid; Toby Frith; 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: RE: (313) Re: what's the most people are willing to pay for
rekkids?

>I've managed to convince myself that originals are usually better
>pressed (ignore trax records, they don't count  in this thread) and
>usually have nicer artwork, sometimes have more mixes / other trax if
>it's a boot not a repressing....

.... or if they're not *technically* better pressed, they're pressed more
*nicely*. I mean for instance, we've all seen Hardwax advertising represses
with original 'imprefect' pressing quality. People seem to like the
scratchiness, the noisiness and overall 'dirty' feel of a
moderate-to-not-that-good original pressing. It helps give that feeling that
you're listening to something old and romantically produced on a shoe string