Alright folks.

this is off-topic, so if anyone can help me off list I'd be really
grateful.
I don't really know where to ask. I appreciate that this is not the
place...

I have an opportunity through work to get a Dell laptop.
I don't own a computer, and to be honest it's unlikely I'll ever raise the
cash needed to get one.
If I ever got sacked (quite likely) I'd be really stuck for emails etc, and
also for using ableton live.

I can get this one tax-free and they take the money out of my wages over 3
years. The deal compared with r.r.p etc looks good.

My question is this. The Laptop I can get is a DELL Inspiron 510m. It's the
only one I can get, there's no choice.

Does anyone else on the list use this computer for running music related
programs?
Really, I will deffo want to use Ableton and also Soundforge, and I want it
to be good enough so I can take it out and use it.
It has 2 x USB ports and also firewire too.

I know Robin has told me he used to have a DELL, but it had a weird buzzing
noise when he was recording music into it.

Does anyone currently use this DELL Inspiron 510m. Any problems?
Any computer heads on the list that may be able to offer some advice?

I'm tempted to get it - for the main reason that it's the only option
available to me. But also, I don't want to bust my balls paying for it if
it's going to be a bit useless.

Thanks in advance

Alex

behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers.

telecommunications systems. By replying to this e-mail you
give your consent to such monitoring