From: Martin Dust [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 22 September 2004 09:51
To: Mann, Ravinder
Cc: 313@Hyperreal.Org
Subject: Re: (313) If

On 22 Sep 2004, at 08:41, Mann, Ravinder wrote:

> I can't put it down to a city but I would say the North of England. I
> recall
> that the take up for House/Techno was stonger in
> Leeds/Manchester/Sheffield.
> London was still doing its rare groove thang (and moved more towards
> acid
> jazz) when the North started to move from Rare Groove to House/Techno.

I'd agree with this, it isn't London or Sheffield - I'm thinking more
along Manchester/Birmingham/Berlin.  London was way behind Manchester,
Sheffield was before and Leeds I know nothing about the early scene - I
don't ever remember traveling to a club there - it was always
Stoke/Wigan/Manc/Sheff/Mansfield for me...

I wasn't asking to start an argument, I really am interested in peoples
views.

> (The club sets were a lot more open too, you would hear all styles of
> music
> in one night - gets nostalgic)

A lot of people forget this, I remember Inner City being slammed in
PWEI at the Hac - people still went nuts.

Martin