With the earlier discussion about educating younger techno fans, i found it odd that no one brought up something that seemed to work in the past all around the Midwestern US.

http://www.ele-mental.org/ele_ment/think/original/think.html

My introduction to the Columbus crew occurred about the same time they published the original "Think" pamphlet, in 1995 or so. It's not flawless, and it requires a slightly curious mind (to read at a club, at least). But I think a lot of good was done, and I recall seeing lots of kids using their glowsticks to illuminate the pages of this small pamphlet near the smart drink stands at Michigan and Ohio parties in the 90s.

More importantly the ele-mentals "got it". There were fresh ideas and projects informed by history. Where the heck is Ed Luna these days anyway? If you don't know him, search 313 archives for some great background.

Might be fun to see "Think" re-printed and scattered at parties where it is needed most.
--
ian