>up to $150,000 per copyright infringement, so with a mix of let's say 10
songs for download, you are looking >at a possibility 1.5 million dollars
in fines and 6 years in jail

jail time... think about how crazy that is really. They're feel that
downloading is enough of a *threat* to society that they will remove you
from society and lock you up for 6 years of your life. I could kill someone
and be in there for just a few more years (10) comparatively.

This is just f*cking ridiculous and out-of-hand.

Doesn't that seem like cruel and unusual punishment? I think if turn over
the bill at the end of the night and it says you owe $1.5 billion dollars
for a round of drinks would be enough to make you rethink your past actions
but to throw someone in jail is seriously harsh.

MEK