>He is also irreplaceable - there is no one to fill his shoes, and if there
was, I doubt the BBC would employ >them. This is a devastating blow for the
music industry cos he was the only chance many bands/producers had >to get
their music played on national radio.

This is sad but I think you're right Rob. Wish some rich bastard with some
sense of musical taste would buy up a radio station and hire ten John
Peel-like DJs. Wake me when it happens.

>So I echo the calls for some kind of public memorial service for him.

If this does happen can someone post it? I've seen some good prices on
airfare to London and would be interested in making the trip for it.
Seriously

MEK