yeah the state funeral would be over the top as mentioned by me, I forgot the
whole sombreness of this event ...

        -----Original Message-----
        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Wed 10/27/2004 4:18 PM
        To: Robert Taylor
        Cc: 313@hyperreal.org; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Nicole
Slavin
        Subject: RE: Re: (313) John Peel

        >He is also irreplaceable - there is no one to fill his shoes, and if
there
        was, I doubt the BBC would employ >them. This is a devastating blow for
the
        music industry cos he was the only chance many bands/producers had >to
get
        their music played on national radio.

        This is sad but I think you're right Rob. Wish some rich bastard with
some
        sense of musical taste would buy up a radio station and hire ten John
        Peel-like DJs. Wake me when it happens.

        >So I echo the calls for some kind of public memorial service for him.

        If this does happen can someone post it? I've seen some good prices on
        airfare to London and would be interested in making the trip for it.
        Seriously

        MEK