I don't know what radio you listen to, but here in the atl, it's good. Dude, I
heard that set and frankly, the excitement was more from knowing that jeff and
garnier (techno old guard) still had the balls to play that stuff to the
generally picky and elitist euro dance music crowds (yeh I still think dancing
should be a learning experience). The music wasn't groundbreaking in it's
programming or selection. I hear that kinda stuff on more than a few radio
stations here (WCLK, WRFG, WREK, WRAS, etc). Completely deliberate eclectic
programming spanning the gamut of music history. The reason this opinion of
american radio persists is because of the ameriklan consolidation of media
control.  Clear channel dictates playlists for something like 70% of amerikkkan
radio. College radio and independent (radio free) stations have always and
(IMO) will continue to set the bar for wider consumption of eclectic and
divergent tastes in this country. Total eclectisism may have been groundbre!
 aking when Mojo was rocking, but even though I wasn't in detroit back then we
had More than a few cats who were doing the equivalent for our city. I remember
hearing Kraftwerk, 2live crew, muddy waters, new edition, and parliament all in
the same hour of "less talk, more music". Now I'll tell you what was shocking,
to turn on my radio in the car sometime last week (never do, I like the wind
sounds) and hear a two hour set of drone and glitch ambient...at like 8:30 pm.
Strange but true. Still not sure if I liked it though.

But....I'll tell you what I do like! Joakim's remix of MR. No on New religion.
Mr. Keeling!!! Please keep doing the thing you're doing with this label!!!!!
The original is like italo horror core getting some in the bathroom at
studio54. joakims version straps the beat down to a solid 4x4 and drops some
arped synths that seem to compliment it in it's own rather than updating the
sound per-se. Joakim takes a noticably lighter mood and the bass is clear and
simple. Really nice. My kids really like this one too. :)

Kamal K. Stoddard
Turner Broadcasting Systems

** I am exactly what I wanted to become since I was 5 years old. Since 5 year
olds are not noted for mature judgement and sometimes aspire to piracy or
gunfighting, this is not necessarily a sign of success. **