From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>drum and bass is effectively dead anyway
>
>WOOOOOOHOOOOOO
>
>Can I dance on its grave?

youre really a couple years late for that, but go right ahead.

>I never liked the pony-tailed, puffa jacketed, escort driving,
half gippo,
>half posh student trying to be rudebwoy types anyway. and their
bandwagon
>jumping ways. "oh, no one wants mad records with 160 bpm breaks
and sped up
>cheesy vocal samples anymore, I know, lets make JUNGLE. It's
'credible'.
>Oh, wait, no one wants jungle now, lets make speed GARAGE". You
know, we'll
>just make it the same as everyone else does. No need for our own
style or
>anything"
>
>Just out of interest though - how does something become 'dead'?
>Surely 'detroit techno' died years ago right, if 'drum and bass'
is dead?

no way. what exists in place of jungle now bears nearly no
resemblance to jungle, speed garage, or hardcore. i wouldnt even
know what to call it really. i do call it "crap" so thats one
possible genre name. detroit techno still exists in largely the
same role its always had: (mostly) melodic techno. you listen to
new carl craig or UR records and they still sound like part of the
same whole. 95 jungle vs today's drum and bass, even tunes made by
the same artists, just doesnt work that wat.

>p.s. Tom - 5 of my english pounds (thats ten of your worthless U.S
>dollars), says you used to LOVE jungle/drum and bass.

yeah and ive been angry about its demise since before it actually
kicked the bucket. ive also watched the death of 2-step which i
felt was the closest thing to real jungle music since then. ive
since given up on UK street music. in the mid to late 90s you guys
had it on lock. not sure whats in the water these days though....

tom

andythepooh.com