the only thing I've listened to lately that has been remotely near dnb
would be the Grime compilations, some stuff on Shockout, and the artist
Shitmat

I think I ragged on "grime" when it first was mentioned here but I've come
to like it quite a lot.  I dropped out of listening to most dnb when
"techstep" became the main sound.

MEK

             "Thomas D. Cox,
             Jr."
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          To
             h.com>                    <313@hyperreal.org>
                                                                        cc
             02/15/05 03:20 PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: (313) a guy called gerald
             Please respond to
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                  h.com>

From: matt kane's brain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>At 04:10 PM 2/15/2005, Thomas D. Cox, Jr. wrote:
>>no way. what exists in place of jungle now bears nearly no
>>resemblance to jungle, speed garage, or hardcore. i wouldnt even
>>know what to call it really. i do call it "crap" so thats one
>>possible genre name.
>
>the people i know who are concerned about the state of DnB call
the crummy
>new stuff 'clownstep'.

which is an apt description. however i imagine they still listen
to mostly wack stuff, which makes it pretty funny. really the only
stuff thats out that im at all digging on is High Contrast, some
Calibre, and the outputs of Inperspective and Offshore labels.
theres some other bits and pieces here and there (like anything
paradox/seba related), but most anything "techy" has advanced to
computerized nonsense at this point.

tom

andythepooh.com