i'd rather go out and hear good tunes over good mixing any day of the week...

obvioulsy the 2 combined is ideal but if you can't have both, then i choose records..

saw cc in bristol last december and he played some deep sh*t....was on laptop tho which i found a bit dissapointing..but in this day and age every tom , dick, harry and his dog seems to be laptopping it nowadays....

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

No one really seems to want to talk about him.

Aha!

GOTCHA.

I could tak about Carl Craig all day long. You'll be sorry you asked
sunshine.

; )

Nah. But, well, you know as someone mentioned we do talk about him rather
alot. He's deffo my favourite techno producer I think. I know not that many
agree with me - but f**k it, I dont care, he's the bees knees, the top
shizzle, leader of the pack, the dogs bo**ocks etc. to me anyway.

He takes other peoples music, and sprinkles it with gold dust, everytime.
Yeah, so he doesn't disguise his samples as well as most, but, hey, if
theres anything wrong with that, you could discount the entire hiphop
genre. How did he find all that obscure electronic european music to sample
anyway? this stuff wasn't readily available in the states for sure. I'm
guessing basic channel might have put him on to alot of stuff maybe.

and in a way, thats why I like sandstorms so much. it's all him surely. and
its a classic. I'll pick that record up in ten years and describe it a
timeless classic. it's awesome, up there with any of the best techno
produced in the early years. deffo. deep, soulful, melodic. beautiful.

Dj wise. Hmm. Early to mid ninties? Utter rubbish. couldn't beat match for
toffee. always good records tho. Remember him throwing a benny at sankeys
in 95 cos he was struggling - he threw a record against the wall. it
smashed in two and these two girls I knew had it up in their office on the
wall "carl craig smashed this record". remember lost at vox ('92?) same
deal, couldn't mix. played domina though, and it hadn't been out long at
that point.

these days - dunno - not seen him lately - 100% better though by all
accounts.

alex

This e-mail is sent by the above named in
their individual, non-business capacity and
is not on behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP.

PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP may monitor
outgoing and incoming e-mails and other
telecommunications on its e-mail and
telecommunications systems. By replying
to this e-mail you give your consent to such monitoring.