I'd rather go out to hear good tunes than good mixing myself - the
performance isn't any more valid or enjoyable for me even if the performer
has to go through an unnecessarily arduous process in order to send music
out through the speakers.

Then again, someone trying to generate Basic Channel-style techno using
nothing but a swanny whistle and a tin can would make for a pretty
interesting set... :)

Brendan