My mate saw Basic Channel live at Lost, behind a screen. Awesome he said.
Moodymann played behind a sheet in Manchester. No difference there either..
Kraftwerk, stood still, didnt move a jot in 2 ours of a live show. Possibly
the most stunning thing I've ever seen in my life.

what i'm saying is that there is something else that is compelling about their performance.

and the part of that sentence that i predict people will pull me up on is 'performance'. but that is what they are there to do.

my preference is for the music to convey massive enthusiasm in a technical manner from the dj (like stewarts example of dan curtin), but that energy/enthusiasm can come from many different aspects to that djs approach.

y'know what. this is a never-ending argument. and the original point has now gone from the discussion (laptop djs being inherently more dull that turntable djs).

to re-iterate tho i'm not talking about the dj having some kind of routine/dance/fist-pumping/blah but it is the energy imparted to the crowd that matters.

right, why did i bother with all that? :)

robin...