[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

send me suggestions for more strangely cold and detached synth-pop please
(I've got the usual suspects: BEF/early Heaven 17, Depeche Mode, Ultravox,
early Human League & OMD, Pet Shop Boys, etc.)
any interesting side projects that seemed to fly under the radar?
solo careers worth checking out?

You might look into The Assembly; a series on one-offs Vince did with several guest vocalists. My fave is One Daywith Paul Quinn from Apres Ski. I know there's at least one more with Feargal Sharkey (It Never Happens to Me). Maybe another. I'd have to think about it.

                                                         jeff