[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

listening: Yazoo - Only You
eating: my bottom lip
drinking: tea
thinking: Vince Clarke is a genius (and wondering why it's not time to go
home yet)

send me suggestions for more strangely cold and detached synth-pop please
(I've got the usual suspects: BEF/early Heaven 17, Depeche Mode, Ultravox,
early Human League & OMD, Pet Shop Boys, etc.)
any interesting side projects that seemed to fly under the radar?
solo careers worth checking out?

This is the last one: check the two LPs Giorgio Moroder produced for Sparks...one is No.1 in Heaven. Seems like there's another, but I can't recall it and I'm too lazy to dig through my rack to see. And if you're going to do that, you might as well dig up Kimono My House and Propaganda (by Sparks) - neither of them are synthpop at all, but they're great records :-) And, oh - the band Propaganda, of course. All that ZTT stuff is fun - pretentious, but fun.

jeff