[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

listening: Yazoo - Only You
eating: my bottom lip
drinking: tea
thinking: Vince Clarke is a genius (and wondering why it's not time to go
home yet)

send me suggestions for more strangely cold and detached synth-pop please
(I've got the usual suspects: BEF/early Heaven 17, Depeche Mode, Ultravox,
early Human League & OMD, Pet Shop Boys, etc.)
any interesting side projects that seemed to fly under the radar?
solo careers worth checking out?
different ratios of synth to pop:
Visage. Vicious Pink. PSB.
Dalek i , also known as Dalek I Love You. Oh, that other Assembly single is "Never Never".
Haruomi Hosono: SFX and  Philharmony. Sakamoto : B2 Unit. YMO : Technodelic.
Bill Nelson : Quit Dreaming and Get On The Beam (has some guitar as well).
Telex
Peter Godwin's "Images of Heaven" track.
Thomas Leer
CabVolt.
a few Red Flag tracks.

newer:
You should give the last Future Bible Heroes' record (Eternal Youth) a spin - prime synthpop (FBH is a spinoff of Stephin Merritt's Magnetic Fields)
The first Ladytron record.

...I'll think of 400 more after I post this.