Hi Matt,

> Ha!!  well thanks for your support Maarten....  the difference may be
> they are commercially funded by radio advertisers?  We are fortunately
> not advertiser supported, which means we are sort of living in a fools'
> paradise.  ;)

well, they get their funds of my tax money! So they are supported by
governement money, collected from the citizens. No advertisment. But as I
understand it, they have to reach a 6% market share to get some more funds
or something. So what they want to get more people listening to their
station, and that's probably why they are a bit more on the commercial side
of things as they used to be five years ago. In the '97-'98 period they had
every week a Dave Clarke show (when he was still a great dj, with a wide
selection in music). And he once dedicated a whole show on Chicago Booty (Dj
Funk, Deeon, etc.). That was awesome. Last year they had dj Godfather over,
but this is the last half hour I remember as being great. They fill their
time mostly with overrated hyped up electro inspired house with the same
cold impotent synth sounds all the way thru. Ah well... hoping for a better
time to come.

Cheers,
Maarten