> this was a good era for him.  i remember he had a radio pilot called
> "the truth", (that's not what you heard, was it?) in mid 90's.    i
> think it only ran once or twice in the Uk but Rob Webb (old 313'er)
> sent me a tape of it... it was good.  vicious mixing and he talked
> about the tracks he played here and there... though so many were UR
> white labels it was funny trying to hear him give info on something
> there was no info for.  Strong selections though, for techno,... raw
> and hard hitting jack trax too.

Hmm, I think his show here was called "dave clarke worldwide" and between
the tracks he played recorded messages of other dj's raving about dave
clarke ;-) He was a great dj back then. I remember his dj set at "I Love
Techno" in Ghent in '98. It was amazing. It's untrue. He mixed a lot of
double copies. Just letting two of the same records play (so you hear a
phaser) with a 2 bar hook, then he hold the first record for a beat and puts
it back in, so now you have a repeating hook of 1 beat long. It was crazy.
Then he dropped "Lil Louis - Original Video Clash" at 135 BPM. How did he do
that? That track is 115 BPM or something? And putting it at 45 would be too
fast. Every 30 seconds there was a new track coming out of the speakers,
with a totaly different sound. I don't have the mix anymore and don't find
it on soulseek, but I need it so much. It's entertaining.

Cheers,
Maarten