From: "/0" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>re-reading this, it occurred to me that detroit, to me, is
becoming a point
>of reminiscence.  detroit techno doesnt sound futuristic to me
anymore.  too
>many memories tied to the sound.  listen to the future long
enough and you
>become part of the past.

im not sure i ever really got those future vibes from detroit
music. i suppose to a certain degree all electronic music has some
of that going on, but i always liked the feeling of beauty in
decay present in music from detroit. that is a very specifically
detroit feeling, at least to my ears. its there in derrick may,
theo parrish, carl craig, jeff mills, etc etc.

tom

andythepooh.com