Name: Carlos de Brito

Age: 29

Live: Siegen GER

Born: Witten/Dortmund GER

Lived in: Berlin, Hamburg, Köln

Into Techno since:
round about 1988/89 (must admit that i listened to grunge, hiphop, triphop and d’n’b during the 90es - Matthew Herbert, Steve Bug, Moodymann, Theo Parrish and german minimal labels like Kompakt and Perlon put techno/house back on stereo in 1998/1999)

Music that got me into techno/house:
The House of Chicago Sampler, WDR Disco Night Radioshow, Robert Hood's Track "Minus", D-Mob - We call it Aciiied!, early Warp Samplers, Coldcut – 70 Minutes of Madness Mix-CD

First Detroit record to blow my head off:
Robert Hood – Minimal Nation

Fave techno Clubs:
WMF, Maria, Panoramabar (both Berlin), Studio672 (Köln), Click, Pudel (both Hamburg)

Fave Detroit labels:
Sound Signature, KDJ, Fxhe and erm...Tresor

Favourite DJ's:
DJ Koze, Theo Parrish, Maurice Fulton, Villalobos, Pascal Schäfer

Label whose back catalogue I'd I'd most like to magically appear in my
living room right now:
MOTON

Track that I would sell my own grandmother to own:
my grandma is not for sale

Best ever DJ performance:
DJ Koze @ Betalounge, Hamburg

Best live gigs:
The Dwarves @ Live Station, Dortmund 1992
Die Kassierer @ Bahnhof Langendreer, Bochum 1999
Erobique @ Roter Salon, Berlin 2000

Best Albums this year:
Dimlite - Runbox Weathers (indeed, Tristan!)
Oasis collaborating Omar-S - Shadow Ray
Platinum Pied Pipers - Triple P
Maximo Park – LP
Isoleé – We are Monster

Best 12"es this year:
too many to mention, maybe
Ame - Kuma/Engoli
Blackjoy – Moustache
Omar-S – Track #8

Best Things on the Internet:
313 (of course), discogs.com, slsk, djhistory.com forum

c*