I unearthed an Ultravox 'best of' for very little the other day. This is one
of the most underrated electronic bands ever... - always found Midge Ure's
soulful tones very affecting. I was not in favour of their later material -
too Big Country/Simple Minds like for me - but anything circa Vienna was
great. The comp I got, The Finest, has Midge's rendition of Fade To Grey
(live) which is vastly different to the version they did with Steve Strange
as Visage but kinda cool since Midge possesses a stronger voice, and a very
soulful one. More guitar oriented, less atmospheric, but edgy and cool.
Anyone heard it? It's interesting that Visage should retain their cool
longer than Ultravox, but I think on the whole the Visage material was
excellent and still sounds compelling.

There's a fantastic new 80s comp series of remastered 12's from the UK which
has everyone bugging here - it's called 12"/80s. They are onto the 2nd set
and each set has 3 disks. You get remastered Night Train by Visage, lot of
divine stuff!