Well, it must have something to do with his long-lasting relationship with
Lost. I mean he's been playing there for over a decade, and even did things
like that first Space Bass @ Bridge & Tunnel for £5 entry, so it must (at least
partially) be due to the strength of the relationship. How many Detroit
promoters have been throwing parties that would book Jeff Mills (consistently)
over the last ten years? The same is almost as true of Rob Hood (who actually
lives in Detroit rather than splitting time between Chicago and Berlin), no?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Lost must be one of the longest-running parties in
the world (if not the longest at almost 14 years) that cater to Detroit techno.

Tristan

***

Right on T. I say for all it's faults (most of them fairly recent) it really
ought to be recognized that Lost has played a major role in keeping a segment
of 'Detroit' music alive - at least by flying a flag, but also by actually
funding the producers of it with regular gigs (at I believe sensibly
competitive fees). Don't forget Atkins, and of course May.

The problem Lost must confront now of course, is that many of us punters and
the generation of DJs we grew up with, are getting on. We won't be able prop
Lost up forever (sooner or later most of us succumb to the wife/kids syndrome -
I said syndrome! ;-). Or at least, corporate/career life starts to make more
and more demands on our time, or some other type of responsibility does. Nor
will the same thing which kept us up all night necessarily keep doing that for
a crowd which might visit the institution in 5 years time, let alone ten years
time. Obviously, fresh blood and new ideas are becoming imperative. Till then,
I can't say I won't be back there soon because I know I will. And I'll enjoy it
most likely.

Ken