From: Dan Bean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Unlike for Tom, Trance is very much a feature of my life, I hear
it on
>the radio, see coverage of it in the press and get blasts of it
pumping
>out of people's cars all the time. It fills the clubs and generally
>pollutes my musical life

these are all very good reasons why you should:
not listen to the radio
read music press
listen to headphones when walking around town
not go to clubs that play terrible music

im not joking when i say that nothing makes me more irritated than
hearing wack music. ill just leave a club if someone is playing
garbage, and show up late if the garbage player is on before
whomever i wanna see. i just cant submit myself to that.

>so I'd actually be very glad if someone came
>along to kill it off. Unfortunately, if this were to happen, it
would
>just be replaced by another genre created with the exclusive aim of
>making piles of cash, which is the root of the problem really.

this is also very true, of course. this is why im very satisfied
with techno and house music's place right now; no one really has
any serious pop aspirations. sure, some artists might make "poppy"
music but i dont think theyre actually shooting to get mainstream
radio play.

>Maybe
>I'll join Tom and bury my head in the sand after all...

im a dance music ostrich.

tom

andythepooh.com