I understand what you are saying here but I think that most people would not be that impressed if you took a recording of a city's "soundscape" and played it to them in their living room- therefore the elements and combinations of sounds that make up part of the City's atmosphere are inseparable from their surroundings and aren't "music" when separated from them.

In other words, the "music" of a bustling city centre street isn't just music, but a combination of sounds (mostly random but some repetitive and regular and all playing off each other) AND the environment in which they exist.

cheers

Jason