Not very music related, but this is a big issue on the global scale; this
is the same reason why all these development zones that give huge
incentives to corporations to build factories in third world countries
never and up doing much for the countries themselves. The country doesn't
get any taxes off it, and the corporations reinvest their profits
elsewhere. For the development model to benefit the companies, the
corporations would have to be required to give back SOMETHING to the
country, whether it's reinvesting in the local economies, technological
know how, working with local firms, access to intellectual property,
etc...

I would guess that cities have the same problem - so along with the tax
breaks, cities would have to make sure that somehow the corporation gives
back to the city in some way.

~David