On Wed, November 16, 2005 4:32 pm, Robert Taylor wrote:

> I dunno, something to do with the fact that she is the worst kind of
> culture vulture - just read that she wants to 'do' krumping after watching
> the Dave LaChappelle doc on it - he refused, so she recruited one of the
> dancers. She exploits subcultures relentlessly -chewing them up and
> spitting them out like a black scourge - each time she does it, she looks
> more tired and desperate to appear with it and relevant. You don't do this
> by leaping on every bandwagon that comes your way my dear, you have to be
> innovative and original yourself. That's why I have no love for her -
> she's a ruthless explotative hasbeen

wow, and ive been accused of being a hater before!

i just dont see it that way. for the most part, she does like to take
things from other subcultures, this is true. but she does it very
respectfully i think. she pays all these dance music producers very well
and gives them massive exposure they wouldnt otherwise receive, etc. she
doesnt ask that people change their stuff up to make it popular, she just
makes these things okay in popular culture by doing them. whats wrong with
that? if only other people with that kind of cultural power used that
power to get money and props for musicians and people who deserve it! i
guess bjork does to a much smaller degree, and maybe radiohead as well.
but the list is very short and none of them are as popular as madonna....

tom