I think it's a bit like the Oscars. You have to put it in perspective. Do the best films get nominated, the finest actors always? It's a good thing but is not always representative. Denzil should have won an Oscar years ago...( Though I will be happy if Heath Ledger gets something for Brokeback Mountain. ;)) The Grammy's are so off kilter most of the time it's hard to take some of results seriously but it would be nice for Juan, though obviously not what he fully deserves... Most of the dance acknowledged by the Grammys is so wack (Thunderpuss!) no one outside the US corporate arena could take it seriously.

On 13/01/2006, at 8:40 AM, fabrice Lig wrote:

Hi Guys, I think its time to see reality...
Of course I would prefer to vote directly for Juan for an electro track he did...But when u vote for Missy, it means you vote for Juan producer qualities, specially for an old track, it means, he still timeless producer. After that I don't understand why we can't vote for Juan thru Missy Elliot track...Why she doesn't sample him...its the best way to say, that guy rocks ! His music Rocks...If they can do a popular hip hop track with an electro sample, it shows the power of our music... I'm not a sampling guy, don't really like that, but, the ones who are saying its a shame to sample techno to do some kind of other music, are in extasy for Moodyman music, or the same they have Fix from Orlando Voorn in their all time favourite ( I'm one of these ones ;-)... Music is Music, always recycled, transformed, re-born...sometimes in a good, sometimes in a bad way...we have to admit this fact... So when Mad Mike is showing up to help friend to get what he deserve...from Hip-hop or techno, or electro scene...I think its a good thing... Its maybe better if Juan is coming to get his award than ABBA to get an award for madona's sampling ;-). So guys, music is more complicated than just Yes or not, Black or white, nothing or everything...I think than its not a shame (and finally very funny) to be the best hip-hop producer when you're doing electro...Maybe next year it should be Grand Master Flash or...some of you ??? Thats power of good music. ...just to remind you...Mister Lill Louis did an hip hop oriented album, and, finally was not a bad one... ...all these words to say, I'll vote, and will be proud for him if Juan is winning...
Fabrice Lig

From: "Will Web" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Odeluga, Ken" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,<Michael.Elliot- [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: (313) Juan Atkins Up For A Grammy
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 11:35:09 -0500

Besides qualifying to become a member, you must also cough up a bunch of cash every year to get voting rights and the other "perks?". I would love to see Juan walk up on that stage and win an award, but until they give him credit by winning for best ELECTRO/Techno record what's the point. The uneducated masses don't know electro from hip-hop from Jazz and probably never will. What would be great is if he wins he could go up and blast the audience with a quick dose of knowledge like "The music Industry sucks and you are all sheep!!!". Only problem with that is, he's not Kanye West so no one would even listen.

WW