Ultimately it's a nice recognition and nothing more. If it happens,
excellent, but to hope for an equivalent to a life time achievement award is
just silly. Many of the most innovative artists and thinkers have only been
appreciated posthumously or in their dieing days. Not to say we shouldn't
try to lobby for their recognition, but to hope that Juan Atkins will be
recognised as something more than the guy who was sampled in Sir Mix-A-Lot
and Missy Elliot in the major music industry's consciousness is hoping a bit
much IMO. Why don't we try to thwart Clear Channel first, and then hope for
'Clear'. That said, if you are one of the few who can vote, do it!

Oh, and what's up with June Atkinson's comments on this:
http://www.discogs.com/release/162067 Prolly nothing to do with Juan, but
silly none the less.

Tristan
=======